Monday, October 9, 2017

Some more ideas

With my son, I have to find new ways it seems every day to keep him entertained by the grace of God. I am sure I am not alone in this feeling, and I sure some of you have already thought of these ideas but sometimes, it is helpful to get refreshed on some things you might have forgotten about.
I try to do all things that show God even to my children, I think that music is a great way to show God to them. Never underestimate the power of music, I have many different activities that I go along with my one son. Still, he is learning along with most of them, or some of them just involve letting me have some much needed free time. Here are some things you could do with music: make up a simple dance routine for you and child/children to go along with, have your child do some sit-ups, pushups, or jumping jacks with you. Even have music playing while doing work around the house, or school work if your child has any.
I have noticed that for my oldest that depending on the music he is more motivated to do specific activities. However, at times he will just want to listen to the music than do whatever activity I am trying to get them to do. Still, both my boys will dance if I am dancing, trust me I am no dancer, my children do not care they just love to be a part of whatever I am doing, and join in with me. Drumming they have spurts where both of them will want to just drum. Thankfully, we were able to get this electric drumset that was not the expensive. The downside to this drumset, it is not balanced correctly, so it falls apart with multiple uses pretty easily. Which could be why they don't use it that much. All in all, espeically in the winter time, this drum set is a must-have in my household it helps my oldest let out some extra energy, and listen to jams at the same time. A win-win situation for my oldest. The older he is getting, the more interest he has in music, especially with specific genres, the ones that my husband his father has introduced to him. Here is a picture of my youngest over a year ago jamming out on the drummers. He loves to drum as well, and that is only certain times of the year as well. It is weird how even children will go through cycles of what they want to do and what they want to interact with. My children now are heavily into their toys, which is a good and a bad thing. Especially my oldest that because of his ASD, and ADHD, he does not fully realize the mess until it is pointed out to him. Other times though he will realize the mess and constantly keep it picked up. I love those moments, what parent doesn't? What do you think is music an excellent addition to your home as well? Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment