Sunday, June 12, 2016

Forgiveness

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

This is something I think we all as humans struggle with, regardless of what you believe. Forgiveness, me as a Christian, I am called to forgive just as God forgave me. In fact further, if I do not forgive He will not forgive me for all the wrongs I have done. Seems heavy at times, and such a burden. Honestly, in the moment and the act after you forgive it is like a weight is lifted off your shoulders. You are letting go of that burden of whatever hurt that person (situation) caused you. 

There is a certain situation that is close to home. I have to daily forgive this person because of the situation.  It hurts just thinking about that whole situation and there is nothing I can do to change that situation. Only those people that are directly causing that situation can fix what is going on. After I forgive them and give it to God, a peace, and a newness fills me. That is pretty awesome to not be tied down with that burden any more.
  
I am married and have two wonderful children. I love them all dearly. There are times that I just want to shut the door and cut myself off from them all together because I am becoming capsized. Where up is down and everything they do is upsetting and aggervating. I take a deep breath, remember these verses: 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.Love never fails.

I always add in the first part of verse 8. I think that is also crucial to remember that love never fails. God never fails us. I know he has never failed me.

Am I always perfect at giving it God and thinking of those verses when I am my wits end. NO! However, I do always eventually wake up and see the mess I caused for being so selfish and letting that situations grab ahold me like it did.  My family were not intending to hurt me at all most times. I saw it that way, and did not look at from their prespective or God's perspective and it all went askew. 

After I suck up my pride and give it to God, and ask my kiddos or husband to forgive me. We all are overwhelemed with peace and joy again. No one expect Jesus was PERFECT, whether you believe that or not. Just remember when you are at your wits end. To step back and look at it from a new angle, and forgive them. Even if that person intended to hurt you. Just let it go. No good comes from grudges, and vendattes.

In the end you can believe what you want. You do not have to answer to me. May you all have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment