Saturday, August 4, 2012

Achievements

I will start this off with questions. Also this just my rambling thoughts so if there is any typos I apologize.

What do you do before you feel you have made an achievement? What goals do you strive for yourself to do day to day? Do you feel like you have a lack of self worth if you do not achieve said goals? Do you feel unsuccessful because of you are not making as much money as you would like?

I have recently had an awakening, why is it that I get so excited over the little things my son achieve but yet, I do not feel any accomplishment unless I finish something enormousness. So I put a challenge on myself to just get excited over every little thing I achieve for that day. I have to say, that my day felt much brighter and way less stressful. It is amazing to me how we get so caught up in what we are doing, or what we are not doing that we lose perspective. Yes, I would love to not have this certain debt that we have, yes I would love to own my own home, and have a vehicle that is 4 door, and have 2 of them in fact and would that both have working a/c's. 
We should look at every little thing we do as an accomplishment. From changing diapers, to paying the bills, or whatever you do. Every single thing that you do is an accomplishment. For you do not have to get up, you do not have go to work, you do not have to take care of your home, or raise your children or any other little thing. But we chose to do so, why because we love our family and our home, and we want them to grow, and want them to not have to take on our debt as well. So please try to not look at your checkbook, and feel so overwhelmed or unsuccessful. For money can not buy happiness, nor a family that will love and accept you for who you are, go out there be who you want to be. 
Lastly I have to say that I am sure in the past I have been my far share of a nay-saying.  Now I am trying to be the opposite, I am trying to encourage others, whether they want to even speak to me or not. I am trying to be the best I can be and be the person I want to be rather than trying to either force others to be the way I want them to be or trying to be whom I think they want me to be. (note: I have done both neither will work in your favor) To those of you out there that do read this go and try to strive to be an encourager, rather than hindrance to others. 
May you see the blessed in all that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment